Friday, September 17, 2010

my family

What a week. So glad it is finally Friday!!

This is my family blog. You all know I lost my mom several years ago and you know about my two wonderful nieces.

On to the rest of my family. The relationship with my dad is really interesting. He and I are a lot alike so we fight a lot. But help each other out when we can. He does the best he can, I know, but I wish he would try just a little bit more. My mom always called him a bear because he's a bit on the grumpy side. It only gets worse with age. But I love him; he's my daddy.

Then there is my brother. He is 4 and a half years older than me and his family live near Memphis. I actually don't get to see them often because it's hard to drop everything and go to their house. they don't come here at all. I'm really not sure what he's deal is, but it's been nearly two years since he's ever been in my dad's house. He's very complicated. I'm never sure if he is ashamed of where he came from or it is too hard for him to be there.

Now there is my sister in law. When they got together, I imagined she and I would have a great relationship and be like best friends. DIDN'T HAPPEN!! She's great and I love her; we just never formed the great friendship I wanted with her.

So that's my family. I wish we all were closer, but with out my mom around, relationships fall through the cracks.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment