Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why I write fanfiction

Several years ago I had a story floating through my head and it just kept growing. I had to get it on paper. It was horrible and didn't really make any sense. That was like 17-18 years ago when I was a freshman in high school. Over the years I have really grown as a writer and every time an idea gets stuck in my head I have to write it.

I probably have about 10 notebooks of stories I wrote through college. Those are very personal and were written just for me to deal with issues I needed to work out. Only my college roommate has read them all. I have had a few friends here and there to read some. But everyone doesn't understand what FanFiction is, and think its weird.

I have read fanfiction for so many years, in so many different fandoms. And Sometimes I get ideas that I haven't seen anyone else write, so I start writing them myself. I have two completed stories on FFN in the Instant Stat section and one WIP. I also have started a Twific that I need to update. Recently I have come up with two more twific ideas that I need to develop a little more before I type them up and post.

It is a creative outlet for me. I am not creative enough to come up with my own characters; I've tried and it was never pretty. So with fanfiction, the characters already exist. You just twist them to fit your story.

Now with that being said I better run to get some writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment